Sunday, April 6, 2014

Tortellini Pasta Salad

This recipe is a relatively easy and quick fix! Both of the boys liked it, as did I. It made a big enough portion to allow for plenty of leftovers, which was nice when I was looking for something last minute to take to work for lunch.

Here is the original recipe I used - Tortellini Salad.

Ingredients:
*20 oz package of refrigerated cheese tortellini
*1 cup of fresh mozzarella, cubed
*1 cup of pepperoni, chopped
*1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
*1/3 cup of fresh basil
*2/3 cup of Caesar salad or Italian dressing

Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Rinse thoroughly with cold water, and drain. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Refrigerate until ready to eat. Enjoy!

I found this recipe because I had a package of pepperoni on hand to use up... I thought it was good, but I would rather have chicken with it. Next time we make this, I'm going to either cube up a baked chicken breast or use canned chicken breast. I'll report back and let you know the results!

TTFN

0 comments: